Friday, May 30, 2008

Adjusting Boobies: One crack at a time.

My body! It is failing me! Promise me you won't think I am a crazy hypochondriac when I tell you this- It is that weird.

Two weeks ago I woke up with a weird crick on the left side of my neck. Those suck, yes? We've all had them but usually by the next morning you feel fine and forgot it ever hurt. Not this time. After this crick had been present for two days I noticed a new soreness down around my shoulder blade. It was getting worse and now I had two sore spots, yay! About 5 days ago, I noticed the skin on my left arm was sore to the touch. A very strange kind of sore, like a localized body ache. Then I noticed It was very uncomfortable to brush my hair, only on the left side of my head. All this happening on the left side of my body. It has become unbearable. If I want to go for a walk, I need to plan accordingly and take 2 Advil 2 hours before, otherwise it is all too painful.

I've decided it is time for me to visit a Chiropractor. I am a little nervous. This person is going to be cracking and popping my spine and neck. I've gone before. I was a freshman in high school and had an important track meet coming up. A few days before, I was in gym class and we were in the gymnastics unit. The overgrown Mary Lou Retton in me decided to bounce into a dive roll. I'm not sure I bounced though. I think it was more of a splat then a crunch and my neck was totally effed. My parents took me to a Chiropractor that went to our church. I think he helped my neck, I don't really remember. What I do remember is how strange I thought it was that he felt my boobs. Now maybe I was over-analyzing but still I told my parents. My dad came with me on my next visit and what do you know, no boob adjustment. Just strange and inappropriate. Thankfully is wasn't young enough to feel traumatized by the quack.

I start Friday. I want to feel good again. I want to start running. I want to not hurt. Dude just better stay away from my boobies.

5 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

Very odd. Especially since it's all on one side of the body.

IndyWilsons said...

I am a chiropractor regular now, Annie. I don't find it too odd tha tyour pain is on one side, especially if you check out the picture of the nerves in the body--it doesn't take much tweaking to affect a lot of things. I recently switched from a reg. chiro who did a lot of cracking to a wellness center chiro who uses a drop table and more random techniques. Not sure how this all works at all--in fact, I like to call it witchery (witchcraft and trickery) because it doesn't seem like he does much but I feel better almost instantly?! Who knows!! Good luck!

Godless Sunday said...

Annie,
Yes, I had the same issue while nursing. The above comment was really helpful. Also, changing my pillow helped and stretching (gently). Good luck.

Christy J said...

I go to the Chiropractor (a very hot one I might add) regularly. I have never had him touch my boobs.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Uh, yeah that was pretty creepy! I would go to see one too, especially since it keeps getting worse.