Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Picnic Is No Picnic.

I couldn't handle looking at that last post anymore, so today we had a picnic. We planned it just right so Pedro could join us for lunch. Sheesh! You almost forget how much work it is to prepare. A Ton! From the time I woke up this morning I went to work prepping for the afternoon.

I baked bread, my new obsession.
honey wheat and oat bread
I made my favorite salad.
so good, so easy.
I made sandwiches, ran to the grocery store to get drinks and dessert,and we were off just three and a half hours later!
IMG_0905.JPG
We got to the park and Mason was already starving. He'd play for a few minutes and then run back to grab a bite.
IMG_0907.JPG
Pedro drove in a few minutes later. He ran around with the kids to keep warm since it was freezing.
IMG_0926.JPG
We ate, played
IMG_0931.JPG

played some more.
IMG_0935.JPG
And then we were all headed out. Pedro back to work and us back home for naps.
We two.

It was all good fun, but next time? I am totally going to Subway.

*if you'd like to see more picnic photos you can see them all here.

8 comments:

BethanyWD said...

That salad looks YUMMY. Recipe, please?

LJR said...

looks like it was a fun picnic. Great pictures!

Pgoodness said...

looks fun, but definitely save some time and energy and hit Subway next time!!

MP said...

I am SO ready for summer..middle of May and I have on cords and a turtle neck.. :-(

Pics are great, I'll go check the rest out...love the self portrait.

That Chick Over There said...

That bread looks delicious. I'm a bread whore.

Ms. Mamma said...

I'm diggin' your new layout and the way you can scrunch up the archives is enough to make me consider abandoning my old girl.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great picnic you guys had! It's so great that Pedro was able to have lunch with you guys! Some of my fondest memories of my childhood are of the times my Dad took the time to play with us and just be with us!

You guys are awesome!

P.S. That salad looks deeeeeeeeeeeelish!!!

MP said...

I like the new look!