Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The factory is closed!

I've been having these weird emotions lately. I love my babies more than anything. I'd do anything for them and cannot imagine them not being part of our little family. But, I am pretty sure the factory is closed and that makes me a little sad. Today I got the Mirena, birth control that is good for 5 years!

The fact is I love having babies. Really I do! I even love the delivery part, ask Pedro. I am not sure I have ever heard someone else say that, but I loved it for both my babies and they were worlds apart. Yes, it is damn hard work, it hurts worse than anything you can imagine, but I loved it. I'm a freak now, aren't I? I think part of it is how amazing I think my body is for just knowing what to do. I think we under estimate our bodies and this is one of it's truly amazing abilities. However if having babies never got any harder than the delivery, I'd probably have 10, maybe 12! Ok maybe not, but definitely more than 2.

But here's the catch. Raising kids is really damn hard. It is exhausting and challenging and at times can put a big stress on a marriage. I love what I have. I feel so fortunate to have the healthy, spunky kids I have that at times get freaked out to think about tempting fate. So for now I'm shut down for business (or until 5 years is up).
nov-dec 06 023

6 comments:

Pedro said...

The kids couldn't ask for or have a better mom. However most will agree that you are a freak for liking delivery.

Christy J said...

Girlfriend I hear ya. Really, I do. I loved pregnancy, and even the birth. I'm with you. I think it has something to do with having a natural birth and seeing what your body is capable of. I think people that don't experience that for themselves get cheated. I thought it was awesome that my body pushed Fin out and there was absolutely no stopping it.

How is that thingy different from an IUD, or is it?

AnnieM said...

Thanks Pedro!
Christy - It is an IUD, just not the old school kind. It is tiny and plastic and has a tiny amount of progesterone in it but is still safe for nursing. So far so good!

Anonymous said...

I have 2, 3 including my stepdaughter (but we're separated right now, but anyhow) and I would love to have another baby. My youngest will be 1 year old in a few weeks and I am incredibly sad about that. That being said, I agree with you, raising kids is the hardest job I will EVER have. They can make you madder than you can imagine and then look at you and make you laugh or cry the next second, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Ashley said...

You are so right - raising children is seriously the most consuming thing you can do - it is all up to you to create and mold these babies into awesome people and it's really exhausting and emotionally draining but there is no other job so rewarding! Too much milk? I am sooooo jealous. This more milk stuff still hasn't worked.

Anonymous said...

just stumbled upon your blog...
I have to say I didn't really LOVE the pregnacy or 17 hours of all-natural labor. But the birth was pretty darn cool.
And you hit the nail on the head, this whole parenthood thing is pretty damn hard so far. (And I'm only 4 months into it. ha!)