Friday night we decided to go out for pizza. The actual sit down kind that no one does anymore. The pizza was great but the whole experience nearly sent me to an early grave.
It was one of those places that has the red dimply glass candles lit on the tables, along with the very classy paper napkin dispenser. Can you see were this is going?
We sat down and Mason immediately said,"Happy Birtday Mama!" It is some correlation he has with candles and birthdays. Then he started trying to blow out the candle. We talked about just blowing it out but we never did, we just moved it away.
The next item to play with was the paper napkin dispenser. He started pulling out the napkins and all was fine until he started reaching across the table trying to put them into the candle. The first one, success! Up in flames it went! I quickly reached into the candle, pulled out the ball of fire and began blowing. IT acted like those trick birthday candles, it would go out for a second then re-ignite itself. Meanwhile Mason is yelling, "Yay, Hotdogs!!"
I finally got the flame put out and began laughing hysterically. I am not sure if it was sheer embarrassment or the fact that my son has another correlation between campfires and hotdogs, but I laughed so hard I had tears steaming down my face.
We blew out the candle after that.