I was tagged by the fabulous Ms. Mamma for this meme. It is 13 songs that I love, embarrassing as they may be...So I am doing it, but don't poke fun OK?
1. The Mountains Win Again by Blues Traveler. I just love it. It is one of those songs that I like to turn up really loud until I actually feel it!
2. Kiss by Prince. Not very original but who doesn't jam out Pretty Woman style whenever that song comes on?
3. Galileo by Indigo Girls. So I am in touch with my inner lesbian...still love this song.
4. Beautiful by India Arie. Her voice is calming and I could listen to her for hours.
5. Graceland by Paul Simon. It is one of those catchy songs I can't sit still to.
6. Don't Know Much by Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville. Go ahead, laugh away. I don't know what it is about this song, maybe it is the Cocoa Puff on Aaron's face. I do have a thing for cocoa puffs, I thought Enrique Iglesias was way hotter before he got his trademark removed. I digress.
7. Love Ridden by Fiona Apple. Only in small doses can I handle her anger but I love this song.
8. You and I Both by Jason Mraz. Sweet love song and he's so darn cute, I like to pretend he's singing to me, just kidding, sort of.
9. She Will Be Loved(acoustic) by Maroon 5. This song drives Mike crazy because I coiuld listen to this song over and over and never get tired of. I love to belt this song out in my car, poor Mason!
10. Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. I know you have all heard this version on movies and TV, but it is the neatest version ever.
11. Mountain Music by Alabama. Probably the only country I'll ever admit to liking. I'm just not a country girl, but this song reminds me of summer vacation in jr. high, or maybe high school.
12. Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root. Totally reminds my of High School, no I didn't have poofy bangs anymore either.
13. Closer to Fine by the Indigo Girls. Geeze, now I can't stop thinking about my "girls" I think I should go looking for my CD's.
So there you have it. Some of them are not embarrassing, but other ones definately show off my inner geek. And let's never mention the whole Ronstadt/Neville duet again, 'mkay? SO now I am tagging my friend from college Laura, and Mamac-ta. And anyone else who does it, just let me know!
FYI This took me a looonggg freakin' time!