Thursday, November 09, 2006

Am I What????

"Are you pregnant?" my midwife asked.
My heart started beating 200 beats per minute and my breath was taken away from me. A million things raced through my head in a fraction of a second. I had just given birth to a perfect little girl a mere 7 weeks earlier. Apparently my cervix is very blue, something that usually only pregnant women possess. It represents a very vascular cervix.

Then reality set in.

"You have to have sex to get pregnant, right?...So no, I am not pregnant."

8 comments:

Christy J said...

Holy hell. Holy effen hell, I'd freak. Flip. Flip the F out. Die. Bury me. Take me to the looney-in. The crazy house. The crazier than crazy, crazy house.

Ms. Mamma said...

WHHOOAAAA, Nellie, little lady. Good thing you're not giving it up yet, sister! Although the two of you do make beautiful bambinos. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just wanted to say I love your blog and I know how you feel. My little girl was born 9/26 and if I were pregnant again this soon, I'd go nuts:o)

AnnieM said...

Christy- I know! I am not sure what I'd do. Heart attack probably. No more babies here unless we have a huge change of heart somewhere waaaayyyy down the road, like in 10 years.

Mamma- No nookie yet. Pedro won't touch me until I have a serious contraceptive in place.

Roxanne- Thanks for stoppin'. Our babies our close in age, are you tandum nursing too?

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

nice of her to scare the crap outta you like that. :oP

my doc once said that to me at a time when we weren't trying to get pregnant cuz my cervix was blue as well. a pregnancy test revealed that i wasn't and all was well, but it sure scared me for a bit.

Pedro said...

I feel bad, but I guess having two kids has changed me from a risk seeking to risk averse...damn I feel old!

Ashley said...

OMG reading that post made my heart start racing! my little one was born 9/13 so I know what you mean - that being said I had my tubes tied last Friday.By the way I absolutely love your blog:)

Silly Hily said...

Dooooooood.