Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Day of Thanks.

I was reading a bunch of my favorite blogs and read a beautiful post by Ms.Mamma. It inspired me to write about the things I am most thankful for. Often I find myself having internal pity parties. Dwelling on how naughty Mason was for the entire day or how long it took to get Harper down for the night. Another thing I tend to whine about is the lack of time I get to be with my husband.

Thankfully though I am able to pull myself up and smack some reality into my head. I am damn lucky! I have an amazing little boy with a tremendous spirit. Nothing he does is meek, he is always full of life. What an amazing quality to have, to be Full of Life.

And my little girl, she spends a lot of the time she's not asleep looking right into my eyes smiling and making the cutest throaty gurgles as if she is trying to tell me something. How could I ever get irritated by that? She is perfectly healthy and is happiest when she is in my arms, looking in my eyes.

And my husband. Because of how hard he works and takes care of us, I have been able to fulfill a dream that not everyone gets to live. I've been able to stay at home with my kids and watch them reach every milestone. Because of him. We may not get the time together that we crave, but there will come a day when all our hardwork of raising amazing little people will pay off. We'll have all the time in the world together and hopefully we'll be able to say, "we wouldn't have done it any other way."

I love you, my amazing little family. I am thankful for having all of you in my life.

4 comments:

Ms. Mamma said...

You are blessed, truly! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, friend.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post, made me cry a little.

Anonymous said...

I could've written that post word for word, esp the part about your husband and daughter. I know sometimes I get irritated b/c my daughter constantly wants to be held, but I am so thankful that I am able to stay home with her to hold her and watch her coo and smile up at me:o) Great post :o)

Mama C-ta said...

Oh that's so sweet - isn't it amazing how easy it is to forget those things when they are right in front of our faces. Thanks for the reminder.