Thursday, November 16, 2006

It's all about Harper!

You've heard about Mason and my cervix, but I think it's time for a Harper update,no?

Where do I start...

The girl is huge! She has way out grown her newborn stuff and 3 month stuff and is wearing all 6 month clothes. At 8 weeks. The pimples are finally gone, but we are still dealing with a clogged tear duct in her right eye. Does anyone have any secrets on what to do with it? My ears are open. I had never heard of it before and was sure she had an infection of some sort. My friend (Hi Megan!) then told me that it was very common for babies to have them. I googled it and sure enough, that what it is, orange and green eye goop and all.
Harper 058
She has gained a pound a week except for the first week and is at 14 pounds. Big Girl. (Don't tell anyone about the t-bone steaks I've been supplementing my breastmilk with.)
Harper 052
I've been hesitant to tell my internet friends about this, afraid I'd jinx myself, but from day one Harper has gotten up only once a night to nurse. Once! Love It.
Harper 057
She is a very "chill" baby. Unless I eat chili, baby does not like chili.
Harper 056
I love her. My pretty, pretty girl.

11 comments:

Ms. Mamma said...

Hmmm... you think she's in love, everyone?! So sweet!

Christy J said...

She's probably only getting up once because you give her that rice cereal/formula mix right before bedtime.

Ha.. anyways, you can always try breastmilk in the eye. It is suppose to be great for infections and such. Finley had a little gunky eye when she was a newborn and boobie milk cleared it up.
I'm SOOOOOO glad to see pics of her!!!!! Keep em comin sista!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, she's so beautiful. I had, what I thought was a blocked tear duct (it wasn't but thats another story) and the doctor just told me to put a warm compress and just take your pinkie and kind of rub in circles with a little pressure on the tear duct. If it doesn't work itself out, the doctors can unblock it. I won't go into how for your sake. My 10 month old still wears 6 month clothes, lol.

AnnieM said...

Mamma, Love, true love!

No Christy, it's steak that I've pureed and force feed her ;). I tried breastmilk at the beginning, because I heard it worked for things like pinkeye, but for a clogged duct? I don't know what to do.

Rachel, thanks. She's a keeper. We do the warm compresses and massages but still every morning her eye is literally crusted shut with green goop. Everyone says they just clear on their own by the time they are a year, but, A YEAR?!!!

Silly Hily said...

Guuurl, she is SO pretty! I knew a little girl that had that clogged tear duct thing one time and for the life of me can't remember who she is so I can't ask her parents about it. That's gonna drive me crazy. I'll try to think though.
Silly Boy is 7 months and is wearing 12 month clothes.

And once a night? Really? Luck girl. That's fabulous. Silly Boy sleeps 11 hours every single night so I can say I know how wonderful it is to get sleep.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! And what a big girl! My seven week old is 12 lbs 10 oz as of last week. ;o)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

yep, breastmilk in the eye for a clogged tearduct. did it with ava when she was a babe. honestly, it's amazing what that stuff can cure! :)

glad to hear she's growing so well. she's cute as a button!

Gretchen said...

Oh wow she is sooo cute! Big girls rule (I have 6 month old in 12 month clothing) Yeah, I was going to 2nd the breastmilk cure too, but I haven't had to use it yet. Just heard it works!

Ashley said...

OMG, how cute! Now I'm jealous though - I thought Jackson was huge because he is 11 pounds at 9 weeks! Jackson also is wrestling with the whole clogged tear duct, at first I took him to the doctor, they said it was a clooged duct and they gave me some antibiotic ointment and said to use it just in case but I didn't - instead I did thr breastmilk and it worked - so I say definatly do the breastmilk :)

LJR said...

my brothers baby just had a procedure for the blocked tear duct. Tyler had the procedure last Friday and it went well. My sister in law says he looks like a new baby with the improvement to his eye. Let me know if you want to talk to her about it.I can give you her email.

Mama C-ta said...

She is pretty! And yeah, I definitely hate you - waking up ONCE????? Wanna switch?