Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dream Home: part two *Updated with Photos*

I really didn't plan on leaving you all hanging for the entire weekend, but we were busy moving in!

Just kidding.

We went on a last minute road trip Friday. Let's get on with the show, eh!

Because Pedro knows me well, he sent me a link to this log cabin that was in a fantastic neighborhood near us. We weren't at all in the market for a new house, but I was intregued, I called our family friend who was also a realtor and made an appointment to see the house the very next day.

We walked in and oh my God, the quirkiness! And also oh my God the potential! My wheels were cranking and I immediately had a half a bazillion ideas. The house was built in the late 70's by the current owner. He built it to suit his taste and kept it perfectly maintained. But I shit you not, the curtains matched the carpet in every single room. Each of the four bedrooms had a different primary colored carpet with mini-blinds to match.


It needed lots of updating, but I was confident that we could handle it after conquering "Button". Besides being outdated it was open and rustic with all exposed beams. It had four bedrooms and two bathrooms, a wood burning stove and the coziest feeling ever. But still, the brass light fixtures a the emerald green carpet (that matched the crocheted emerald valence) were nearly obscene.



Pedro and I had some things to talk about. Did we really want to move? We loved our house and finally started getting it to where we wanted it. On the other hand, could we get the house for a great price since it had been on the market for 18 months. Wow. Decisions, decisions. What should we do?

What did we do?

***100 % Actual photos***

9 comments:

Upward Falling Autumn said...

What did you do?? What did you do??

I am glad to see that you could see potential in the place though. It makes me bonkers when I'm watching house hunters and they're like, "Ewww, we can't pick this one, the walls are royal blue".

MP said...

I agree w/ autumn..you hear people say, "oh this carpet is horrible or I hate the drapes.." OMG..change them, you have to look at the bare bones..same thing..it could be decorated very cute but if the foundation needs help and the plumbing is crap and there is mold..move on...

OK...you bought the place..??

AnnieM said...

AD- When we started "Button" the bathroom was pepto-bismal pink with black asbestos floor. Also, the woman who lived there didn't know how to use caulk, she used tape!

AnnieM said...

mp- the bare bones are as strong as they come!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Yes! What did you do????? Please tell!!!!

Pedro said...

God I love primary colors, this one is perfect! Can I get a red toilet seat?

Ms. Mamma said...

Okay...the suspense is keeeeeeeling me! Pedro, I suppose I could let go of my 'royal flush' lucite toilet seat complete w/ dice, cards and poker chips for the right price...

ps...It's way cuter than button(the house)!

That Chick Over There said...

Tell us! Tell us!

MP said...

I'm digging the hell out of that open kitchen...