Friday, January 18, 2008

I am mean.

I really didn't plan on leaving you guy hanging, I swear. I just couldn't take anymore whining and crying so I pushed publish! Then you got all mad at me.

We've come to the conclusion that the owners really don't want to let the house go. They built it themselves 31 years ago and lived there for 30. Serious attachment issues. And also that their realtor is an idiot. After our FINAL OFFER in bold, they came back last night with another counter offer. Yes, they did. And we politely gave them the finger. The middle one.

Last night we went out to dinner, after having chocolate cake, and I am now totally convinced that there is some reason that house isn't for us. It wasn't perfect, but I was ready to work some magic on it and make it really rad. You guys were right though. I am not at all ready to say goodbye to this house, although we'll have to soon enough. Now Pedro's got the bug, he spent all last night of the computer looking at more houses. I am on hold.

But guess what? They called again this morning to counter again. Douche Bags. That's OK! I still have half a chocolate cake here and it's the best damn chocolate cake ever!

5 comments:

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Everything happens for a reason. Maybe you are not meant to get this house because a more perfect house is still waiting for you guys!

Ashley said...

woooo hoooo - now we just need the cake recipe and nobody gets hurt ;) And for real, why so ready to move .... are you pg again?

That Chick Over There said...

Sorry about the house, but the cake looks delish! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your sweet message on da blog ;) I'm feeling better, but am embarrassed to say that I haven't gotten behind the wheel since the accident on Monday. I've got a phobia now, but I know I need to get back driving ASAP. Still a bit shaken though.

Anyhoooooooo, about the house...I agree with Rachel. Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we don't understand those reasons at the time, but it'll make sense eventually. Perhaps the right house is still out there waiting for you guys to find it :) Timing, circumstances, etc. I'm positive you guys will find the perfect house for you!

NWO said...

Chocolate cake is a more basic need than housing anyway!