Monday, February 13, 2006

How I hate to be Debby Downer but...

This pregnancy is starting to destroy me. I am not very nauseous, boobies still don't hurt, but my God am I exhausted. Over the past 7 days, I have taken a nap 6 of those and still cannot wait to get into bed for the night by 9. Now I know that is very common to be worn out at the beginning and end of pregnancy, but I feel like it is so unfair to my full-energy toddler. Yesterday and today it hit me like a ton of bricks..."How in the hell am I going to be able to do this?"
A few weeks ago I started to think Mason's outburst were lessoning, how wrong I was. We are back to square-one and back to head-butting the tile kitchen floor. I used to think I was a pretty patient Mom, but lately I feel like nothing more than a failure in that department. I am yelling way more than I know I should, and I can't help but blame myself for my 2-year-old son mirroring my childish actions.
I am not writing this to get all kinds of feedback on what a great mom I seem like. I don't want that. I am writing to get the way I am feeling off my chest.
I know my hormones are raging. I know I am exhausted. I know Mason is at a rough age. But still it doesn't help my to feel like any less of a failure right now! So now I am going to take my crying induced, puffy face self down to bed for a much needed nap.

7 comments:

Pedro said...

Wah Wah Wah, I had to fo that because of the Debbie Downer reference. You are a great mom, but you have more than two hands full with Mason. I tell people at work about some of the things that kid does and the look of shock is priceless. Hopefully he shapes up over the next 7 months.

Love,

m

Christy J said...

Let me tell you... the most horrible Hayden has been EVER was when I was 9 months pregnant. I just wanted to SCREAM all the time. Actually, I think I DID SCREAM all the time, but that was because I couldn't get my full term pregnant ass off of the effen couch. :o)

I was lucky that when I was in teh begining of my pregnancy with Fin, Hayden was taking regular LOOOOOONG naps and I could sleep with him.

I still want to see your holy terror and mine together. I think they'd have a BLAST!!!

Hang in there...

Christy J said...

OH... does Mason take bribes? While it might not be the 'correct' thing to do, it works awesome for Hayden. It depends on what it is for.. but when I want him to get in the car, I use a fruit snack (fruit leather). It kind of depends on his mood, where we are, whats available. Maybe bribery (sp) will work?

Ms. Mamma said...

I hope you feel better soon. Don't be too hard on yourself! If you need anything, you know where I am.

Silly Hily said...

All I can say is been there, done that sister! I feel you! This too shall pass my dear. It looks like you have some excellent support.

AnnieM said...

Thanks All! I am off to LLL to get some much needed support! I have more to write about later. Thanks Again Blogging Buddies, I love you guys!

Mama C-ta said...

Not that I want you to suffer but I'm glad you are writing about this. Lately the thought about having another child (some day not now!) has been in my head and I keep wondering how the hell people are pregnant and are able to take care of another child when 1 is a FT job. This is giving me great insight.