Monday, May 15, 2006

A day late...

but still, Happy Mother's Day! I was away for the weekend with my Mom and Mason. Mike stayed behind. As usual, I had anxiety about staying a night with Mason somewhere other than home. I did for Mexico, too but Mason was a dream come true. This time, not so much! I feel awful saying this but the trip was a total bust. Mason was ah-hem, HORRIBLE! The first night he fell asleep at 11pm. Just a little more than two hours later than 2 hours later than usual. He fell asleep after screaming that he wanted olives for an hour. Sorry kid, no-can-do at 10pm in a hotel. Once Mason fell asleep it was my turn. My Mom didn't have a problem. Her sleeping was signaled by the sawing-log sound that shook the pictures on the walls. By 12:45, I was so irritated and over-tired I got up, went into the hallway and called Pedro. Crying, I asked him if he could come and get me the next day. He said he would if I needed and that I should call him the next day. I fell asleep with a pillow over my head sometime after 2am. Mason was up at 6:30am.

But, that wasn't the worst of it. We went to go shopping. Pedro even gave me the "OK" to spend a reasonable amount of money since I never get to do things like this, with the instructions, "have fun!" BAHAHAHAH!

We encountered meltdown after meltdown. Mason arched and kicked and screamed and threw himself out of his stroller. You think I am exaggerating, I am not. I was so exhausted I even cried and told my Mom we needed to go home and for-go our second night in the hotel. I was exhausted and couldn't fight with him anymore. Somehow she got me to stay another night. I couldn't wait to get home.

We got home yesterday around 3:30pm. I came home to a little silver box. Of course, mine only has 2 beads, but that is part of the fun, adding to it. Thank god my husband reads this sometimes. My mom got me a very pretty necklace, I got her a card. Ugh I hate when that happens. I also came home to a newly painted terracota living room. Thanks Pedro.

I am home now. I slept in my own bed last night with my husband who doesn't even snore. I went to bed at 10 and got up at 7:30 this morning. Ah, life is good.

5 comments:

Christy J said...

Awww!! I'm sorry!! Mine sucked too. Not quite as bad as yours, but it did suck!

LJR said...

sorry you had such a tough weekend. I felt for you...even though I don't know what it is like. Happy Belated Mothers Day.

BlueGoddess said...

AnnieM, thank you so much for leaving your comment on my site. I appreciate it. I am feeling a tad better. But it has also been a couple of days and things have cooled off a bit. I am doing my best.

I know how you feel when you travel and your kid has a meltdown! I have been through it a few times. My family lives in St. Louis and in Kentucky. So we have to fly first then drive for several hours before we even get to see our family. So just because it happened this time, doesn't automatically mean that he will be a problem the next time you travel. And you know that my Mother's Day sucked too. I gues this one just isn't going to rank up there with the good ones. The good news is that they happen every year.

Isabel said...

So glad that life is good.

(and happy late Mothers Day to you!)

Silly Hily said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry the weekend wasn't fabulous. But, it's over now AND you came home to some pretty awesome stuff. I learned at Christmas that all I have to do is say I want something on my blog and I'll get it from someone.
I have an Italian charm bracelet and it really is a lot of fun adding meaningful charms to it. Have fun!