Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 13: Food

Ms. Mamma tagged me for this Meme a few days ago. Thank God because I have to write a blog a day and I am running out of things to blab about. So now you get to hear all about my foodisms. Enjoy!

1. What's your #1 comfort food? Soup, I'll eat almost any soup. I love how it makes me feel all warm inside.

2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you? Granola.

3. What is/are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you 'known' for?) Chicken Picatta, bruschetta (for the record it is pronounced bruce-ket-ah, everyone I know pronounces it wrong, like bru-shetta. I did too until my cousin Paul, who speaks a gazillion languages corrected me!)

4. It's Friday night, you don't know what to cook. You opt for...fish and chips. In Wisconsin we call it Fish fry.

5. What's your biggest weakness when it comes to food? I've developed a awful sweet tooth, mine is closer to a sugar tooth.

6. What food can you absolutely not eat? Innards. One time though, I was invited to a traditional Hmong celebration and ate innards to be polite. It was fine, but now when I think of it I nearly gag.

7. You need a drink. Margarita baby! Or a glass of wine. Or a Corona served like a margarita, with salt and lime.

8. What's the most decadent dish you've had? The most expensive meal ever was at Tantra in South Beach .

9. What's your favorite type of food? Japanese, sushi.

10. Favorite dish? Chicken burrito, beans and rice. Guacamole of course.

11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be? Tantra

12. Are you a soup or salad person? With a big meal, salad. For a small meal, both.

13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant? Sit down

14. What's the most impressive dinner you've ever made? Surf and turf, sauteed green beans and roasted corn and garlic couscous.

15. Do you consider yourself a good cook? I think I'm pretty good.

16. Do you know what vichyssoise is? No, but I'll look it up.

17. Who's your favorite TV cook? Nigella Lawson she makes cooking all seductive.

18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities? Giada De Laurentiis, Barefoot Contessa, Rachael Ray ( she makes me want to poke my eyeballs out with heated skewers but I still watch her!)

19. Homemade or homemade from a box? Homemade

20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag. Anyone up for it? Let me know, I love to know what people eat!

7 comments:

Christy J said...

...just when I thought you weren't going to make it today!!!! Have you realized that Nigella was skinny and her show was 'Nigella bites' and now she is a tubbo and it is 'Nigella feasts'? Do you think they realize her ass is big now? Slightly random, but I always wonder about that.

OMG, Weren't you guys were with us the night we went to that greek place and Justin's fish had the head on it? All I remember is seeing it and making a b-line for the bathroom. BARF!!!!! I think that was my official 1st preggo puke. :o)

Silly Hily said...

You would hate me if you knew my eating habits. Well, you probably already know them but still, I'm not going to hash them out again. They are horrible.
Our church has a fish fry every Friday during Lent. Haven't been to one yet though.
Last, my husband is in freakin' love with Giada.

AnnieM said...

Christy, I thought Nigella always had some curves. I've been watching her forever and never thought she was "skinny".

Hilary, I wouldn't dislike you because of what you eat! Pedro ate only one veggie before we were together, CORN! It isn't even a realy veggie. I am a huge vegetable person so now he has eat them because I do the cooking.
Funny about Giada. I have a friend that swears she spits out her bites of food because, come on, were does it go? She's itty bitty.

mama k said...

granola? haha you are crunchy
And I feel the same way about Rachel Ray.

Silly Hily said...

I know you wouldn't hate me but I might make you barf or gag from all the fat and grease. I wish I had your eating habits.
And OH MY GOSH, I tell Tony the SAME thing about Giada. I swear she turns around and spits them out because she is so freakin' tiny. I love your friend.

Christy J said...

Really? I thought she was skinny before. I dunno, I'll google it.

Christy J said...

Ok.. all the pics I found they cut her ass out. Are they trying to say something?


...you're right. :o)