Thursday, March 08, 2007

Day 8: Poor Me!

It is going to be one of "those" so I 'll excuse you if you'd like to go elsewhere, really. Yesterday I took my phone off the hook, until this morning. I couldn't bare to hear anyone elses "poor me". I have enough of my own crap to deal with. I have been trying for two days now to get Harper to sleep in her crib, without CIO. I need my sanity back, my body and a little time of her not being attached to me. I know, horrible me.

We go up to her room nurse until she is calm and eyes are closed and BOOM, CRASH, lights turn on and her door whips open along with her eyes. It's Mason ready to party! He has done this both times I 've tried. I've turned on a movie for him, gotten him a snack and explained what I was going to do. What more can I do.

Tonight Pedro has a going away party at his work. It is at a local restaurant but I can't go. I am not going to go and spend my time chasing Mason around and I don't expect Pedro to do it at his party. My parents have other plans. Whatever. I just can't depend on family to help me out. I can count on one maybe two hands how many times they've babysat. The part that makes me so mad is that I rarely ask them, very rarely. What I need to do is find a reliable teenager or college student to always ask first. That way I won't be disappointed.

I know, right? Boo-fricken-hoo.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I can totally relate, it'll be okay :) I know we think a little alike so I have to ask you - have you ever thought of putting Harper in a crib? Me and James were talking about yesterday (how we haven't slept next together in almost 6 months) I just don't know if I'm ready yet but I don't want him to always sleep with us - uggh - what to do?

cecilia said...

I don't know if this is useful, but I would babysit for you if you ever needed it...
I may have to enlist the help of my boyfriend or brother because i don't know how I would do with 2 young babies, but I'll help you out if possible.
I've offered this before, but you've never taken me up on it, so I'm just putting it out again.
-your niece amanda

AnnieM said...

Amanda, Hi! I know probably have your hands totally full yourself. Also, probably feel the same about "reliable help". It sucks! But your brother, maybe I should start bugging him. Mason loves you both and Harper is attached at my boob so it would only be Mason...

Lost A Sock said...

Hi! I'm new here! I just had to say that I completely understand where you're coming from. My parents rarely babysit our two boys, and I guess I never imagined it being this way. I thought they'd be a smidge more involved. I, too, wish I knew a teenager.

Hope tonight goes better...

kimmy said...

wow sounds like you have a handful... i hope you find somethign to help you.. good luck...

AnnieM said...

Hi Sock, Hi Kimmy! I feel bad you guys stopped by today. I am usually not so whiney, I swear. I am just a little overwhelmed right now. Thanks for saying Hi! I'll do the same.

mama k said...

((hugs))
This mommy thing is hard freakin' work sometimes.

Silly Hily said...

You have to read Lost A Sock! She's great and has two of the cutest boys. She's one of those Martha freakin' Stewart women. Only totally likeable.
Okay, now that's it's clear that I might have a crush on Lost A Sock, I'll get to your post.
I'm so, so sorry! If I lived close to you (and Lost A Sock) I would totally babysit! It really sucks that your parents don't help out. My mom with change plans to watch my kids. I could never do everything I do without her help. Just remember this when Harper and Mason have children of their own. Be there for them. Whenever they need you. (I know you will be though.) After all, that's what family is supposed to be for.

Silly Hily said...

You have to read Lost A Sock! She's great and has two of the cutest boys. She's one of those Martha freakin' Stewart women. Only totally likeable.
Okay, now that's it's clear that I might have a crush on Lost A Sock, I'll get to your post.
I'm so, so sorry! If I lived close to you (and Lost A Sock) I would totally babysit! It really sucks that your parents don't help out. My mom with change plans to watch my kids. I could never do everything I do without her help. Just remember this when Harper and Mason have children of their own. Be there for them. Whenever they need you. (I know you will be though.) After all, that's what family is supposed to be for.

Love Bears All Things said...

I didn't live near my Mom when I had wee ones. Always had to have a list of reliable teens, usually from church.