Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So Close, Yet So Far Away.

Today was almost the best day ever. But not. Last week I was talking to my dad about my new fancy-dancy camera. I remembered there was a time way back when my dad was into photography. I remember him splurging on a nice camera. When we were talking I asked him what kind it was. He didn't remember; It had been years.

This morning I was online looking at some even fancier lenses than the one that came standard with my camera. Later during the morning I was talking to my dad and asked him if he ever looked to see what kind f camera he had. He went to go look as I was talking to him. It was a Canon! With a macro lens! An old school Canon but a Canon non the less. What you may or may not understand is that the cool thing about Canon cameras is that all the lenses work on all the bodies. Even film to digital. I was so excited I nearly wet myself. He told me I could take them if I'd like. It was good Karma payday for me. I drove over to there house within an hour and belted down stairs to inspect my new accesories. They didn't fit. The old school parts went out in the late 80's. Wah!

So back to the search for a new lens for my camera. At least Christmas is just around the corner?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder if eBay has any lenses that you can use with your camera?

NWO said...

So many lenses, so little time... But I'm with ya, I love Canon for that reason. Too bad it didn't work out for you in this case.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Damn, that sucks! Maybe Pedro will get you one for Christmas.

Hint hint, Pedro.

MP said...

I've asked Santa for a new camera..and Photoshop...I asked my husband just in case too...

Pedro said...

And she complains about the cost of hy automotive hobby!

AnnieM said...

Oooo, someone is opening a can of worms. Let's just state the facts. How many cameras have I bought in the past five years? Now how many different cars have sat in our driveway? I believe the ratio is 1:5.
And...scene.

Ms. Mamma said...

Pedro...I still have the lovely Saab that you so kindly changed the battery in! :)

Pgoodness said...

Pedro, let me know if you want some suggestions on which lenses to get her! Oh, and just FYI, BH Photo Video generally has some pretty good deals!

My newest toy is a 10-22 - wicked cool. :-)

GreenStyleMom said...

I was going to be soooo jealous! I don't really know how to use my camera, but I already want a new lense. Let me know what you decide to get. Maybe Santa will bring me the same one!

Christy J said...

Do you find that 8 is enough megapixals? I am in the market for a new camera, and I kindly requested the cannon with 10.1. But the price is a little scarey...